Tue, Jan 24|
Womens Bible Study Starts
Register today for the Celebrating Sabbath Womens Bible Study. This Sabbath journey will be good for our busy souls and schedules.
Time & Location
Jan 24, 2023, 7:30 PM
About the event
Register today for the Womens Bible Study 2023. We are using the Celebrating Sabbath: Accepting God's Gift of Rest and Delight curriculum published by presbyterian Women. Books are $10 and can be purchased through the church to save on shipping. This study by is by Carol Bechtel and contains nine lessons of this Bible study—with passages from Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, Matthew, Luke, and Acts—we’ll consider Sabbath
- as a celebration, not a day of dreary formality
- as God’s intent for all of creation that includes busy women too
- as one day of the week, perhaps a Sunday
- as a time to surrender unhealthy striving and frantic busyness, and instead trust that God will provide
- as a reminder that life is precious and working too much is against God’s plans for our precious lives
- as a day devoted to community and justice and not exclusively to self-care.
Ultimately, Sabbath reminds us to honor God who honors us by giving us a day each week to reset our pace, our priorities, and our lives.
Join us all who dream of sabbath, or long for good rest. Join us any who also are well rested or just desire good commraderie!