Vision – To be part of Christ’s transforming work in us and through us in downtown Norfolk and wherever we are called to be the presence of Christ.
Mission – To seek to transform lives by worshiping God, building relationships, developing disciples, and serving our neighbors.
Council Meeting Minutes: January-March 2017 (pdf)
Congregational Meeting Minutes: February 2017 (pdf)
- 2016 Congregational Meeting Minutes (pdf) – includes meetings on March 20, June 26, September 25, December 4
2017 Church Council
- Senior Pastor – Dr. Robert Guffey, Jr.
- Serves as Spiritual Leader of Church. Guides and Encourages Lay Leaders, Council Ministries and Congregation to work toward FSBC’s Vision and Mission. Leads the Pastoral Care Team, Mentors Deacons, Leads and Supports the Ministerial/Ordained Staff and Engages with Outside Faith Community Members and Leaders.
- Missions – Carol Johnson, Chair
- Coordinates Mission Opportunities within set yearly goals and budget, and Seeks “Quality over Quantity” Missions that Invigorate the Church and Faithfully Serve the Community.
- Christian Formation – Jane Bailey, Chair
- Coordinates Christian Education, Stewardship, Discipleship Training, Spiritual Formation, and Children and Youth Programs within goals and budget.
- Worship and Music – Kay Stovall, Chair
- Provides Worship Service Support, including Baptism, Communion, Offering, Ushers, Flowers and Provides Feedback to the Senior Pastor.
- Congregational Care – Deborah Antony, Chair
- Deacon-led Ministry, responsibilities include Giving Guidance and Care to Members, New Members and Visitors, Building Relationships within FSBC. Overseeing Social Team, Handling Grief & Bereavement, Visitation, Prayer, Fellowship & Joy.
- Administration – Nancy Clagett, Chair
- Coordinates with Support Teams, including Personnel, Property, and Finance.
- Communications – Joelle Jakubowski, Chair
- Responsible for Communications within FSBC – between Church Council, Ministries and Congregation, as well as to the Community Outside. Includes Church Website, Social Media, Church Calendar, and Public Relations. Is supported by the Council-Appointed Clerk.
- At-Large Members
- Tim Dixon
- Richard Reed
- Tripp Van Leeuwen
- Clerk – Michele Weigle
- Maintains Church calendar and records minutes of Church Council meetings and Church Congregational meetings
- Treasurer – Donna Ferguson
- Assistant Treasurer – Kim Winslow